The Art of Vein Care offers you caring and professional advice from our experienced vascular surgeon, Dr David Huber.
Dr David Huber specialises in all aspects of vein care and treatment. During your consultation he will explain the best option from the range of suitable treatments, and make sure you understand what the procedure involves. He will also fully disclose the costs to you. Most patients opt to be treated in our treatment rooms, though some choose to be treated at Wollongong Private Hospital as day only patients. Almost all treatments are minimally invasive.
Treatments offered in our procedure room are:
- Sclerotherapy, which involves injections into your veins, you may need 1-3 sessions. Numbing cream is offered for the procedure, applied one hour prior to your procedure. The procedure will take 30 minutes and then you will rest in our lounge ‘recovery’ area with a cuppa and a snack for another half hour.
- Sclerotherapy/medical glue, which is a combination treatment, with the glue injected into some veins and the sclerosis solution into others. The same rest period applies.
- Radiofrequency/sclerotherapy can be done in our treatment room or in the hospital. If done in our practice the same rest period applies.
- miraDry is the latest FDA and TGA approved method to dramatically relieve underarm sweating, odour and hair growth permanently, in as little as one (one hour) session. It is available exclusively in the Illawarra at our practice. Several of our staff have had the treatment and can share their experiences with you.
- Our recovery and reception areas are cosy and comfortable, but with enough space to socially distance. We adhere to all Covid 19 safety requirements in a low-key manner with no alarm or stress.
We stock Sigvaris stockings. Our receptionists are trained in all aspects of measuring each patient and fitting them with the correct stockings. A stocking needs to be worn for one week after treatment.
Our Wollongong receptionist, Sharon, is very polite and friendly and will greet you with a smile and make you feel very welcome. Sharon will help you with all your questions and will help you with booking either your consultation appointment or procedure in practice or hospital treatment.
A referral from your GP is recommended so that we can make a claim on your behalf through Medicare, and you will receive a rebate.
Our specialist procedure room caters for all the needs of doctor, nurse and patients, including a state of the art Sterirack system medical healthcare storage system which is designed for efficiency and infection control.
A note about parking: though we have special parking for our ultrasound patients at Illawarra Vascular Ultrasound, which is upstairs in the same building, we have no designated parking for our patients. There is street parking outside and opposite, on Crown Street. There is also $7 a day parking lot next door to the building we are in. There is parking around the corner on Gladstone Avenue, as well as paid parking in Piccadilly Centre and the Council parking building adjacent to Wollongong railway station. We are next to two cafes, so it’s not a bad time to grab a coffee!
At The Art of Vein Care, we specialise in the management of varicose veins and venous disease. We offer expert consultations, walk-in walk-out treatment with minimal down time. If you would like further information, please contact us here: https://theartofveincare.com.au